Studio Photography Contest: Seasonal Liqueur (Ended)
This Contest Has Ended. To see the Judges’ Review, the contest submissions, and the winners please see our winners announcement article.
We are glad to announce a new contest sponsored by BHphotovideo.com and the Photigy team!
The theme of this contest is: Still life featuring a seasonal Liqueur.
This contest is aimed at non-professional photographers – mainly those who have to improvise with DIY solutions to overcome the limitations of their current equipment, but of course anybody can participate.
With christmas coming up in huge steps, it’s time to prove your creativity and create a nice, advertising-style still life image which features some kind of alcoholic beverage that fits the christmas-time mood.
Maybe you want to come up with a classical shot, or perhaps you’re going for a more creative approach?
Many different feelings get connected with christmas-time – Try to communicate one or more of them clearly, and create a very moody shot that’s interesting to look at.
Images must be submitted to the Photigy contest forum by 12:00 PM Eastern Time US December 31st.
The winner will be announced between January 2nd and 5th during a public G+ Hangout with our judges.
Alex Koloskov, Genia Larionova, Dave Nitsche, Timothy Kou, Joshua Geiger and Florian Hartmann will review all images and pick the ones they feel represent the theme of a seasonal liquor the best and/or most creatively.
There will also be a community choice - voted by the community using the forums star-system.
$150 worth of equipment from Bhphotovideo.com* + any Photigy educational product (see e-store) worth up to $200
$50 worth of equipment from Bhphotovideo.com* + any Photigy educational product (see e-store) worth up to $100
Honorable mention + any Photigy educational product (see e-store) worth up to $50
Community choice winner:
Honorable mention and all the glory of photographer’s world:-)
* Selection of the prizes will be limited to specific brands listed on BHphotovideo.com
This is a world-wide contest and is open to anyone! We promise to ship B&H prizes to any part of the world and all Photigy tutorials are digitally delivered.
Please submit your images to this topic by clicking the “Enter Contest” button at the bottom of this article.
Registration is required and it is free.
- Must be shot in a studio or studio-like environment – the lighting setup and/or behind the scenes image has to be provided and explained.
- Images must be a minimum of 900 pixels horizontally or 750 pixels vertically depending on orientation of image.
- Image must be new and not created prior to the announcement of this contest, and also cannot be published anywhere else before it has been uploaded to Photigy for the contest.
- Images must contain camera Exif data so we can validate the date taken.
- Naming convention of image should be username_imagetitle.jpg
- Only one entry per contestant. Post your best image!
Good luck to all and have joyful holidays!!!