The course consists of three parts:
- In the First Part photographer will learn how to create splashes that can be used for advertising cosmetic images.
What type of both liquid and lighting, and techniques of shaping a splash to match the shape of a product.
- In the Second Part photographer will learn how to take pictures of bottles and jars.
- Third Part of the course concentrates on post-production techniques of making the composite images. How to blend layers together, how to modify and match colors and shapes.
Instructor: Alex Koloskov & Genia Larionova
This course is for you, if you are:
- Already have knowledge of working with studio lighting and know the basics of lighting techniques.
- Looking to build a portfolio targeting advertising cosmetic industry art buyers.
- Want to learn specifics of high speed photography for dynamic stop-action images.
- Mirrorless or DSLR camera, 50-150mm les (macro is good, but not necessary)
- Strobe lighting (1/2000 or shorter flash duration) – Speedlites, PCB Einstein, Pro Foto, Broncolor or other strobe lighting with short flash duration
- At least 10×10 feet studio space
- 2x Strpboxes, 2 diffusers 1-2 honeycomb grids
Gear used in the shooting for this course
Advertising photography for professionals
Images From the Course
Is there a way to ask an instructor a question/to show my work and get a feedback?
Yes, you can ask an instructor, as well as get a feedback on your work. We have a support forum for this course where you can ask questions, get answers, and feedback from your instructor.
I do not know much about video making, will I be able to understand and learn from this course?
Yes, we’ll be explaining everything, but for better learning please learn your camera settings and specifics of working with strobe lighting. If you are a beginner, we recommend you to take this course first: Studio Photography for beginners
What camera do I need to have in order to use this course and make similar videos?
Any DSLR or mirrorless with HD video capabilities (1080P, 30 fps) will work. All you need is to learn from your camera manual how to use it for a video footage, and instructor will help you with the rest.
Will I be able to download videos from this course and watch them off-line?
Yes, all videos from this course are available for off-line watching after downloading them.