High Dynamic Range (HDR) Contest
High Dynamic range photography or HDR as it is referred to is a great way to combine a series of multiple exposures and end up with a single image that represents the artists impression.
An HDR image does not have to have that grungy feel, it can be created to look very natural and well balanced. You are the artist and like all photography, it is your vision.
If your are new to HDR photography processing and would like to know more about this amazing subject, we have compiled a comprehensive eBook (on sale now!) which takes you through step by step on how to create a masterpiece as well as how to overcome some of the pitfalls of blending multiple exposed images.
Using your creative vision and HDR processing skills, we invite you to create an HDR masterpiece for everyone to see. Each submission will be judged individually by our team and you have the chance to win One of our Amazing Prizes provided by c’t Digital Photography magazine and Photigy Project.
3 RAW source exposures:
- Using these source RAW files, create and post your final jpg image (850px on the longest side) on PHOTIGY forum under “HDR contest forum topic”.
- Create and post a 100% crop 850px wide from your high resolution “assembled” HDR file of the area shown below.
- Deadline for submissions is by the end of Friday, 31 of August. Hurry up:-)
Quality Check area (bottom right)
Prizes to be won:
- One 1st Prize: $50.00 Visa gift card + our “Realistic HDR e-book” + 1 year c’t Digital Photography magazine subscription
- Two 2nd Prizes: One year subscription c’t Digital Photography magazine Subscription
- Three 3rd Prizes: Back issue Collection (Issues 1, 2, 4, 5 & 8) c’t Digital Photography magazine
- Six 4th Prizes: back Issue 2 of 2012 c’t Digital Photography magazine