About the course
The course consists of five parts:
- In the First Part photographer will learn how to approach a client that interested in working with a studio. Understanding requirements, creating an estimate, preparing for the shot, etc
- In the Second Part photographer will learn how to take catalog-style pictures of bottles and jars.
- In a Third Part we cover a creative part of the project, working with interesting lighting techniques and cameras.
- Fourth Part showcasing high-speed photography, creating splashes and motion.
- Fifth Part of the course concentrates on post-production techniques of making the composite images. How to blend layers together, how to modify and match colors and shapes.
Instructor: Alex Koloskov & Genia Larionova
This course is for you, if you are:
- Starting a career of a commercial photographer and looking for a guidance and example of a commercial work from an established professional photographers
- Experienced photographer in weddings/portraiture or landscaping photography looking to diversify your business by adding a commercial product photography services.
- Looking to build a portfolio targeting advertising industry art buyers.
- Want to learn specifics of creating a variety of different image styles for your commercial clients.
- Mirrorless or DSLR camera, 50-150mm lens (macro is good, but not necessary)
- Strobe lighting (1/2000 or shorter flash duration) – Speedlites, PCB Einstein, Pro Foto, Broncolor or other strobe lighting with short flash duration
- At least 10×10 feet studio space
- 2-3 Strpboxes, 2-3 diffusers 1-2 honeycomb grids
- Adobe Photoshop
Gear used in the shooting for this course
Course Completion Certificate Included:
After successfully finishing this course you will be issued with a professional certificate from Photigy Photography School.
Professional certification shows potential clients that you are committed to your profession and are well-trained.It gives them confidence in your abilities because it proves that your skills have been evaluated and approved by a well-regarded professional organization.
Is there a way to ask an instructor a question/to show my work and get a feedback?
Yes, you can ask an instructor, as well as get a feedback on your work. We have a support forum for this course where you can ask questions, get answers, and feedback from your instructor.
What camera , lens and lighting do I need to have in order to use this course and make similar photos?
Please watch a free lesson from this course (on top of this page) where Alex explains about gear needed for the course
|Goals, Gear and Preparation|
|Ad Campaign Goals & Ideas||00:12:00|
|Case Study – Estimate, Pricing and Invocing||00:19:00|
|Case Study – Preparation & Brainstorming, part 1||00:19:00|
|Case Study – Preparation & Brainstorming, part 2||00:16:00|
|Case Study – Props Selection||00:12:00|
|Case Study – Gear for the course||FREE||00:28:00|
|Shooting, Part 1: Catalog Style|
|Case Study – Catalog shooting 1||00:20:00|
|Case Study – Catalog shooting 2||00:02:00|
|Case Study – Catalog shooting 3||00:05:00|
|Shooting, Part 2: Creative work|
|Case Study – Creative-Shot||00:22:00|
|Case Study – Creative-Shot – Continues Light & Bokeh||00:12:00|
|Case Study – Work Process – BTS||00:02:00|
|Case Study – View Camera Shot||00:17:00|
|Case Study – View Camera Shot Introduction||00:59:00|
|Case Study – Sugar pouring||00:15:00|
|Case Study – Sugar pouring 1||00:11:00|
|Shooting, Part 3: Splashes and Crashes|
|Case Study – Making-Splashes, Introduction||00:02:00|
|Case Study – High Speed Photography (Splashes)||00:08:00|
|Case Study – Splashes part – 1||00:19:00|
|Case Study – Splashing Part 1+1||00:03:00|
|Case Study – Splashes part – 2||00:23:00|
|Case Study – Shoting Ball – BTS||00:11:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production – Ball 1||00:24:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production – Ball 2||00:24:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production – Ball 3||00:13:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production – White sugaring||00:13:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production – Stick Macro||00:17:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production: With Butterflies||00:09:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production – Jar on white||00:15:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production: 3 Yellow jars||00:09:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production, Splash 1||00:24:00|
|Case Study, Post-Production, Splash 2||00:24:00|
|Case Study – Setup for Video Production||00:14:00|