See what I’ve got!
Believe it or not, but these two are considered for this role. Both have a 18Mpx crop-size sensor, both cost less than $1000, both accept Canon EOS mount lenses (this is a must for a candidate).
BTW, this camera will be primary used by one beautiful little lady, and I really hope she will choose Canon M: it should fit her hand ideally as well as fit in her purse.
It is a smart camera, and I love smart things. And it is also look nice, check it out:
With EOS-mount lens adapter
With Canon 50mm F1.4 lens mounted:
With Canon 8-15mm F4.0L fisheye lens:
Lets see what is cool about this little performer:
- EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple resolution and frame rates, built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment, and Video Snapshot with editing for expanded video shooting options.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12800 in H mode) for video recording, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 25600 in H mode) for still image shooting from bright to dim light and high performance DIGIC 5 Image Processor for exceptional image quality in video and photos.
- Hybrid CMOS AF delivers fast autofocus speed for video and photos.
- Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots) with smudge-resistant coating features multi-touch operation and Touch AF for an easy and intuitive experience and clear viewing when outdoors.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses (Optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS M is required) for expanded creativity.
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode delivers expertly optimized photos and improved scene detection for amazing results when shooting at night.
- Advanced imaging features like Handheld Night Scene mode, HDR Backlight Control mode, and seven Creative Filters provide added versatility.
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction provides outstanding noise reduction while preserving precious detail in photos at high ISO speeds.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including new Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) cards.
- Now available with the EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
As usual, you can expect in-studio review to be done. I hope IQ will be close to Canon 7D. I really hope:-)
If you have any crazy ideas on how to test it, what situations and features you want me to cover in this test, please post here.
Continue to part 2: